Your club has important votes to cast during the Annual Business Meeting at the Toastmasters International Convention. Clubs will vote to elect international officers and directors to the 2018-2019 Board of Directors as well as Proposal A: an amendment to the Bylaws of Toastmasters International.
To learn and understand the roles, attributes and responsibilities, please click here to review the Leadership Roles.
If you are not planning to be in attendance at the annual International Business Meeting on Saturday, August 25, at 7 a.m. in the Skyline Ballroom at McCormick Place, Chicago, Illinois, you can still have your club’s votes count by assigning a proxy to cast your votes. THE ABSOLUTE LATEST YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR PROXY ASSIGNMENTS IS BY 3pm Central Time THURS AUG 23rd!
As stated in the Bylaws of Toastmasters International, Article X, Section 1, a Toastmasters club in good standing is entitled to two votes at the Annual Business Meeting. To make your club’s vote count, assign your proxy and cast your votes in one of three ways:
- Send a delegate from the club who is attending the Annual Business Meeting to carry your club votes.
- Designate 2018-2019 District Director Dwight Yamada to act as your club proxy.
- Designate an active member from another club to act as your club proxy.
To assign the club votes, go to www.toastmasters.org/clubcentral, log in, choose the club(s) you are assigning proxies for and click on Club Proxy.
Once your club proxy is assigned, please advise the proxyholder to do the following:
- Visit Credentials to obtain an electronic voting device prior to the Annual Business Meeting. The electronic voting device will not be distributed after the close of Credentials on Thursday, August 23, at 6 p.m. (central) Your convention registration badge is required to receive a voting device.
Credentials will be open:
Tuesday 5 to 9 p.m. (central)
Wednesday 8 to 10 a.m., 1 to 3:30 p.m. and 9 to 10 p.m. (central)
Thursday 3 to 6 p.m. (central)
If you are not registered for the convention but wish to attend the Annual Business Meeting to cast your votes, you will still need to visit Credentials to obtain a voting device. You cannot vote during the Annual Business Meeting without a device.
- Attend the Annual Business Meeting to cast your votes. You must be present during the meeting to cast your votes using the voting device. Voting devices must be collected after the meeting.
If the officers in your club have changed, please notify World Headquarters immediately by going to the club business section of Club Central on the Toastmasters International website. You can also email the changes to [email protected] or call the Member Engagement and Support department at +1 720-439-5050.
Don’t miss the opportunity to interview international officer and director candidates prior to the Annual Business Meeting. To help you cast your vote for the best candidate, refer to these recommended questions to ask the candidates.